Scripture of the Week
“Show us your unfailing love, O Lord, and grant us Your salvation. I will listen to what God the Lord will say; He promises peace to His people, His saints — but let them not return to folly.” — Psalm 85:7, 8
Smile — It’s God’s Gift
Think About It
- History Why is it that nobody is listening when history repeats itself?
- Happiness The secret of happiness is not doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. –James M. Barrie
- Home Home is where folks go when they get tired of being nice to people.
- More homes are destroyed by fusses than by funerals or fires.
- Heart Be an organ donor. Give your heart to Jesus.
- If the heart can conceive it, and the mind can believe it, God can achieve it. —Charles Pollard
- The heart is happiest when it beats for others.
- To be happy, give people a bit of your heart, instead of piece of your mind.
- When God measures a man, He puts the tape around his heart instead of his head.
Author Archives: highlandlakeschurchofchrist
A Few Things I Noticed When I Read Numbers Today We call it “Numbers,” but the Jews call it, “In the Wilderness. “Numbers,” makes it sound like the book is just about the censuses that were taken; it is so … Continue reading
HELPING HANDS PANTRY Has No Special Needs At This Time Thank you for your continued support of this ministry. FELLOWSHIP MEAL . . . next Sunday, March 25th at Noon! Hosted by: Christina Pipes, Lee & Carol Sisco, Billy Taylor … Continue reading
The Christian life is all about peaks and valleys. When we are feeling good about our relationship with God and Jesus and something happens to re-enforce those spiritual feelings, we call that time “peak times” or “mountain top experiences.” When … Continue reading
THANK YOU NOTE Dear Brothers & Sisters, Thank you for blessing us in so many ways during out time of extended illness. The cards, calls, food, flowers, transportation to medical procedures, and your comforting words mean so much to us. … Continue reading
Last Sunday, the Highland Lakes congregation completed its search for additional leaders with the appointment of two new elders. This event needs to be seen as a step forward for our spiritual family — an enhancement of the good leadership … Continue reading
VISITING FOR THE MASTER VISITATION PROGRAM The Team, led by Cary & Brenda Miller, will meet on Wednesday, March 14th, at 6:30 pm in the library for their assignments. DINNER TOGETHER This good fellowship is starting up again on Thursday, … Continue reading