Scripture of the Week
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.” — 1 John 1:7
Think About It
Help me find somebody today
Who needs what I have to share:
A kind word, a thoughtful deed,
A bit of loving care.
Help me to take the time to be
An understanding friend to someone
Who needs a helping hand
On which they can depend.
Help me to love as Jesus loves,
That same unselfish way.
Help me to be like Jesus
In all that I do and say.
Something to Smile About
• It can override the discomfort of advancing years!
• The young athletic-type young man: “I climbed Mt. Hood!” The elderly gentleman: “I climbed out of bed!”
• When names escape you, just call everyone “Doc”.
• Doctor to patient “To save time — what part of you doesn’t hurt?”
• The older you are, the less you’re able to hide your true character cosmetically.
• Aging is not something that happens to you, it’s something you choose to do well.
• You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself. — Ethel Barrymore.
• Song to a mirror: The face I see is furrowed now, in fact, it’s rather rutty. Revlon or Clinique won’t do, I need a can of putty!
• As the years add up and the skin gets loose, what I perceive as most distressing; is the little kid who looks up at me and says, “Lady, you need pressing!”
Category Archives: Weekly News
It is hard to say you love discipline when in the middle of it. Young and old people alike find it hard to appreciate discipline, yet we yearn for knowledge. How do you react when someone critiques your work, when … Continue reading
CONGRATULATIONS We are rejoicing with Troy & Leana Futrell at the safe delivery of great-grandson James Edward Johnson, son of Hannah & Evan Johnson. Hannah had a difficult pregnancy until the very end, and we thank God that she and … Continue reading
HELPING HANDS PANTRY Needs: Plastic bags, shampoo, bath soap, toothpaste Thank you! VISITING FOR THE MASTER (VISITATION PROGRAM) The Team, led by Cary & Brenda Miller, will meet on Wednesday, July 17th at 6:30 pm in the library for their … Continue reading
FELLOWSHIP TODAY Fellowship Meal. . . today, Sunday, June 30th at noon Hosts and hostesses are: Don & Paula Welch, John & Tina Brewer and Pat DeVore. No PM service will be held so as to provide family time. NEW … Continue reading
WELCOME, NEW MEMBER We welcome Melinda Moore to our Highland Lakes congregation! She states, “I am ready to return to Jesus.” Melinda was baptized into Jesus Christ in the old baptistery many years ago. We rejoice in her decision to … Continue reading
CHANGE IN PRAYER LIST As was stated in last week’s bulletin, the Continue to remember list will be updated monthly and therefore be much shorter. Please cut out that list ever so often for your own personal prayer time. Continue … Continue reading