Scripture of the Week
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though the waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.”
Smile – God likes humor
How’s that again . . . ???
• His birthday has become an annual event at our house — every year or so.
• It’s amazing . . . according to the obituary column in the newspaper, people die in alphabetical order.
• He was so old, the candles cost more than the cake.
• The thing about getting old is everything is further away than it used to be.
• One thing about getting old is that you know all the answers, but nobody asks the questions.
• Getting old is merely a matter of feeling your corns more than you do your oats. (Henny Youngman)
• It’s not the days of your life that count, but the life in your days. (Adlai Stevenson)
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” — Proverbs 17:22
Think About It
♥ Contentment is the soil in which true joy thrives.
♥ Adversities are often blessings in disguise.
♥ Everyone everywhere is more like us than less like us.
♥ Caring for burdens of others helps us forget about our own.