Highland Lakes Church of Christ
2310 West Ranch Road 1431
Kingsland, TX 78639
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.” — 1 John 1:7
Help me find somebody today
Who needs what I have to share:
A kind word, a thoughtful deed,
A bit of loving care.
Help me to take the time to be
An understanding friend to someone
Who needs a helping hand
On which they can depend.
Help me to love as Jesus loves,
That same unselfish way.
Help me to be like Jesus
In all that I do and say.
• It can override the discomfort of advancing years!
• The young athletic-type young man: “I climbed Mt. Hood!” The elderly gentleman: “I climbed out of bed!”
• When names escape you, just call everyone “Doc”.
• Doctor to patient “To save time — what part of you doesn’t hurt?”
• The older you are, the less you’re able to hide your true character cosmetically.
• Aging is not something that happens to you, it’s something you choose to do well.
• You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself. — Ethel Barrymore.
• Song to a mirror: The face I see is furrowed now, in fact, it’s rather rutty. Revlon or Clinique won’t do, I need a can of putty!
• As the years add up and the skin gets loose, what I perceive as most distressing; is the little kid who looks up at me and says, “Lady, you need pressing!”