Scripture of the Week
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though the waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.”
Smile – God likes humor
How’s that again . . . ???
• His birthday has become an annual event at our house — every year or so.
• It’s amazing . . . according to the obituary column in the newspaper, people die in alphabetical order.
• He was so old, the candles cost more than the cake.
• The thing about getting old is everything is further away than it used to be.
• One thing about getting old is that you know all the answers, but nobody asks the questions.
• Getting old is merely a matter of feeling your corns more than you do your oats. (Henny Youngman)
• It’s not the days of your life that count, but the life in your days. (Adlai Stevenson)
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” — Proverbs 17:22
Think About It
♥ Contentment is the soil in which true joy thrives.
♥ Adversities are often blessings in disguise.
♥ Everyone everywhere is more like us than less like us.
♥ Caring for burdens of others helps us forget about our own.
Category Archives: Front Page
“Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against your soul” (1 Pet. 2:11). I’m often amazed at just how many people there are, both within and without the church, who live as … Continue reading
There is this new movie, Frozen, which is a big hit with my kids, and a lot of others as well. One of the main story lines is about this princess born with great power, but she lives in fear … Continue reading
“Teamwork makes the dream work!” We all have heard this saying at least once in our lives and we most likely think immediately about sports much of the time…but do we ever paste this motto onto our spiritual convictions as … Continue reading
There is a tendency in our current society to throw the baby out with the bathwater. In an effort to fight against immoral acts such as sexual harassment, physical abuse, and bullying perpetrated by a small minority of bad apples, … Continue reading
1 Peter 4:12-14 — “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may … Continue reading
They were up against it now. Nowhere to go, nowhere to turn. An impossible obstacle in front of them and trouble behind them. And everything started out so well. They were happy, even rejoicing. They had everything they needed and … Continue reading