Scripture of the Week
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.” — 1 John 1:7
Think About It
Help me find somebody today
Who needs what I have to share:
A kind word, a thoughtful deed,
A bit of loving care.
Help me to take the time to be
An understanding friend to someone
Who needs a helping hand
On which they can depend.
Help me to love as Jesus loves,
That same unselfish way.
Help me to be like Jesus
In all that I do and say.
Something to Smile About
• It can override the discomfort of advancing years!
• The young athletic-type young man: “I climbed Mt. Hood!” The elderly gentleman: “I climbed out of bed!”
• When names escape you, just call everyone “Doc”.
• Doctor to patient “To save time — what part of you doesn’t hurt?”
• The older you are, the less you’re able to hide your true character cosmetically.
• Aging is not something that happens to you, it’s something you choose to do well.
• You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself. — Ethel Barrymore.
• Song to a mirror: The face I see is furrowed now, in fact, it’s rather rutty. Revlon or Clinique won’t do, I need a can of putty!
• As the years add up and the skin gets loose, what I perceive as most distressing; is the little kid who looks up at me and says, “Lady, you need pressing!”
Category Archives: Front Page
Charles Darrow was out of work and as poor as a pauper during the Depression, but he kept a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye. He didn’t want his wife, expecting their first child, to be … Continue reading
Why should I say “I can’t” ,when the Bible says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” ? (Phil.4:13) Why should I lack, when God supplies all my needs according to His riches of … Continue reading
During World War II, a US marine was separated from his unit on a Pacific island. The fighting had been intense, and in the smoke and the crossfire he had lost touch with his comrades. Alone in the jungle, he … Continue reading
When they came home from school, the first words out of our children’s mouths were, “Where’s mom?” l would usually hear, “Where’s Dad?” when money was needed or a parental decision was required. Such is the common pecking order in … Continue reading
Revelation 3:14-22 Introduction: At 211° water is hot. At 212°, it boils. And with boiling comes steam. Steam can power an engine. An engine that can transport goods all over the world. One degree makes all the difference. Did you … Continue reading
• The Bible holds the distinction of being the first printed book; it was in 1450. • The first Bible printed in this country was in the Indian language in 1663. The translation was made and published by John Eliot, … Continue reading