Scripture of the Week
“Show us your unfailing love, O Lord, and grant us Your salvation. I will listen to what God the Lord will say; He promises peace to His people, His saints — but let them not return to folly.” — Psalm 85:7, 8
Smile — It’s God’s Gift
Think About It
- History Why is it that nobody is listening when history repeats itself?
- Happiness The secret of happiness is not doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. –James M. Barrie
- Home Home is where folks go when they get tired of being nice to people.
- More homes are destroyed by fusses than by funerals or fires.
- Heart Be an organ donor. Give your heart to Jesus.
- If the heart can conceive it, and the mind can believe it, God can achieve it. —Charles Pollard
- The heart is happiest when it beats for others.
- To be happy, give people a bit of your heart, instead of piece of your mind.
- When God measures a man, He puts the tape around his heart instead of his head.
Category Archives: Front Page
A Few Things I Noticed When I Read Numbers Today We call it “Numbers,” but the Jews call it, “In the Wilderness. “Numbers,” makes it sound like the book is just about the censuses that were taken; it is so … Continue reading
The Christian life is all about peaks and valleys. When we are feeling good about our relationship with God and Jesus and something happens to re-enforce those spiritual feelings, we call that time “peak times” or “mountain top experiences.” When … Continue reading
Last Sunday, the Highland Lakes congregation completed its search for additional leaders with the appointment of two new elders. This event needs to be seen as a step forward for our spiritual family — an enhancement of the good leadership … Continue reading
It is always good for a person to do regular checkups on themselves and their lives. We know the importance of this physically, mentally, and even financially. But too often we neglect to do this spiritually – and this is … Continue reading
You may have seen the recent commercial by the Ad Council that tells us love has no limits. It shows people behind an x-ray screen embracing only showing their skeletal outlines. The people emerge from the behind to reveal they … Continue reading
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6). While the writers of Scripture use many vivid metaphors to describe the Christian life, by far the most common one in the New Testament is a … Continue reading