Scripture of the Week
“The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all, He has compassion on all He has made. All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you.” ~~ Psalm 145:8-10
Smile – God likes humor
How’s that again . . . ???
• His birthday has become an annual event at our house — every year or so.
• It’s amazing . . . according to the obituary column in the newspaper, people die in alphabetical order.
• He was so old, the candles cost more than the cake.
• The thing about getting old is everything is further away than it used to be.
• One thing about getting old is that you know all the answers, but nobody asks the questions.
• Getting old is merely a matter of feeling your corns more than you do your oats. (Henny Youngman)
• It’s not the days of your life that count, but the life in your days. (Adlai Stevenson)
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” — Proverbs 17:22
Think About It
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
“God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons that we could learn in no other way.” ― C.S. Lewis
“Sometimes all the therapy we need consists of simply talking to a friend.”
“Look Up! The darkest nights expose the brightest stars.”
“Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.” ― Ronald Reagan
“Opportunity is most often missed because it is dressed up in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas Edison
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.” – Patrick Henry
Category Archives: Uncategorized
There is something about human nature that loves a bargain. Few things please us more than getting something for next-to-nothing. We dream of striking it rich quickly. We boast about “what a steal” a particular item was. We flock to … Continue reading