- The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.
- The effectiveness of communication is not defined by the communication, but by the response. – Milton Erickson
- The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
- Without communication there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there is no reason to continue.
- Active Listening Involves
- Clarify/Ask questions
- Give feedback
- Show empathy
- Be open to understanding
“He who answers before listening — that is his folly and his shame” — Proverbs 18:13
“The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice” — Proverbs 12:15