Out of love for one another…….
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35 ESV)
Mask use is optional during our Sunday morning Bible Study and worship assembly and the Wednesday evening Bible study. We recommend that those who are unvaccinated or have personal health concerns to wear a mask. We thank you for your consideration of and care for others. Masks are always available if you need one.
Join 91 other subscribers
Scripture of the Week
“‟For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,‟ declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out from My mouth: it will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I send it.‟” ~~ Isaiah 55:8-11
Something to Smile About
• A man called his child’s doctor, “Hello! My son just snatched my pen when I was writing and swallowed it. What should I do?” The doctor replied, “Until I can come over, write with another pen.”
• The economy is so bad…
I ordered a burger at McDonald’s and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”
I got a “pre-declined‟ credit card in the mail.
CEOs are now playing miniature golf.
If the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.
Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.
Burger King is now selling the 1/4 ouncer.
Motel Six won’t leave the light on anymore.
Think About It
Why Do You Love the Bible?
I was asked this question at one time. How would you answer it? Of course there are a variety of reasons to love the Word of God, but what would be on your list? Here are a few reasons that I love the Bible:
- It teaches me how to be saved.
- I am not smart enough to get through this life without it.
- It reveals many faith-strengthening scriptures that give me hope in something better than this world.
- It removes opinions from the equation. Disagreements are not settled by who has the loudest opinion, but by the Word of God.
- It tells me about my home. I am reminded that I do not belong here. We are meant for something so much more!
- Troy Rogers, Northwest Church of Christ Lawton, OK
Tag Archives: Dependence on God
Recently the author of this article had the pleasure of taking a couple of young people into a local cave. He had been in this cave several times and had no concerns about their trek. Of course, the cave was … Continue reading
“They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world” (John 17:16). Each week we go many places and do many things. That is normal and natural. Christians are in the world. Participation in the world … Continue reading
The army of Alexander the Great was advancing on Persia. At one critical point, it appeared that his troops might be defeated. The soldiers had taken so much plunder from their previous campaigns that they had become weighted down and … Continue reading