“See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” 1 John 3:1 (ESV)
God’s love for His children stands unmatched by anything this world can offer. Only the love of God can:
- Calm the restlessness of your soul
- Heal any hatred you have experienced
- Change worry and doubt to hope and security
- Resolve the anger and bitterness of disappointment
- Give you a sense of purpose, self-worth, and hope
God never grows tired of you! He sees the span of your life. His eye is on the potential that your life holds. He spends each moment completely absorbed in thoughts of you – developing you, molding you, and blessing you. So often we miss the blessings of God because we worry about what we should or should not do. Questions fill our minds: Did I do it right? Is God pleased with me?
God loves you, and His love will never change. God loves you, and there’s not a thing in the world you can do about it. All we can do is stand in awe of His tremendous love for us and His amazing grace toward us!
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:7-8 (ESV)
- Via Highland Drive church of Christ, Popular Bluff, MO