REMEMBER OUR SPANISH WORK
Salvador San Tillan is ready every Sunday morning to teach a Bible class in Spanish. This is a worthy endeavor. Do you have friends who would benefit from this Spanish Bible study? Let them know about it by giving them a warm, personal invitation. Those who already come, make them feel welcome and at home in our fellowship.
HELPING HANDS PANTRY
Needs Plastic bags, shampoo, deodorant, tooth paste
Sam Garrison’s nephew, Michael Nestrsta, passed away on Monday, May 13. Memorial services were held on Saturday, May 18, at Arlington Heights Church of Christ, where Mike had been a deacon for 25 years.
Our love, thoughts and prayers are with Sam and with all in the family.
Nigerian Outreach Print Ministry (OMP)
UGBOGBO CHURCH OF CHRIST, IGARRA, EDO STATE, NIGERIA
January to March 2019 Report by Sylvester Imogoh
- Our outreach program continues to grow in services to the Lord and Master through His servants in the rural and urban congregations in Nigeria. In this quarter, we have records of a 68 new converts into Christ’s Kingdom. We appreciate the privilege to serve the church In Nigeria through this medium. May all the glory go to God for what we are able to do.
- Two new congregations were started that we know of. One is on Sunday, January 27th in Abi – Northern Cross River state where former Pastor – Theophilus Agazi who read and used the tracts asked for my help to link him with preachers nearest to him. He was baptized and his wife and they started a new congregation. Also in Nsukka –Enugu state, I receive the heart-warming reports from Ezungwu John who started a new congregation on February 10th.
- Our local outreach here in the Ugbogbo area of Igarra received such bountiful harvest in this quarter where a total of 29 souls were added to the Lord’s church.
- In Akwa Ibom state, my coworkers – brothers M A and Enefiok Archibong equally reported such great news of souls added to God’s Kingdom in their respective areas. M B reported a total of 16 who obeyed the gospel in their various ministries – of World Bible Seminars, Open Air preaching and door-knocking; while his brother, Enefiok reported 6 who were baptized
- Brother Herbert Chukwu of Ihe in Enugu state who had worked for many years with Doug and I in several parts of Enugu state has opened up what he called ”Mbanabo Mission Outreach” where he and his team regularly evangelizes a chain of villages and towns of the same tribe. I sent as many as 10 boxes to Herbert in one asking. He is doing a great job with them.
- In the way, the Cameroon Refugees’ population in Ogoja has increased and so is the Christian Population as well. Mike Udam asked for and received as many as 10 boxes at once for the evangelism of The Cameroon Community. The good thing is that these brethren from war-torn Cameroon are able to work; worship and fellowship while here in the Refugees camp, and would go back home spiritually richer and fuller despite the sufferings they are now enduring. [Anyone who has the mind and the means to help these brethren with money for food and basic stuff like soap, and medications should send such funds to Chad Wagner. We are able to package food and such other stuff from here and send them by way bill together with the tracts to Ogoja].
Pray continually for the work of God’s gospel in Nigeria. For the elders, Ken D